Monday, June 14, 2010

Papa

Maybe it's the stress . . . maybe it's the lack of sleep . . . maybe I need someone I respect to look up to . . .

I've been having visions and anxieties related to the passing of my still living father.

Long live my father. He's barely in his mid-sixties and in excellent health. He's quite active despite recent retirement but I just can't shake the anxiety of losing him.

It's probably no coincidence that this comes at a time when I'm being pushed to grow up myself. I'm looking to buy a house, being engaged, helping to raise a sister in-law and more over I'm struggling a little bit to fill the shoes of my new job.

At my age my father had been a university professor for 5 years with a wife and 2 children.

Time for sleep. I hear 8 hours of sleep makes you feel better. I wish someone told me that when I was growing up and getting 4-6 hours of sleep a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment