Monday, March 1, 2010

Six, Three, Zero . . . sigh

In the past 2 months I've been on at least 6 interviews. I've gotten 3 job offers.

1 offer was at a company where I would be doing something I didn't care about but with a huge raise. At least that would have been better than my current situation of not caring about what I do and crappy pay.

Another offer was a contract position in a volatile industry. The pay was in the six figure range (a 40% raise for me) and was enticing. But the commute would have been more than an hour each way and I would have to live in fear that I would be dismissed any day.

The offer that was the best was from a medical robot start-up company. Exactly the same work I did in grad school with the opportunity to be in on the ground floor of something that might be great. Unfortunately I wasn't sure about the product and the overly ambitious time line and vague promises of benefits led me to stay at my more stable position.

So where am I now? At home, sighing and feeling guilty for lamenting my job situation when others don't have jobs.

Sigh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment