Sunday, October 10, 2010

Floor Refinishing

Today marks the day that my home can start receiving the treatment a home deserves. And by association it also marks the day that I can start relaxing about the state of my home.

I officially took ownership of my home late August and found a distressed home that, while a recent construction, needed some TLC to get back to a condition deemed liveable by me and my lady.

This included painting and refinishing the floors. 2 things you should really do before populating the house with furniture and other "house crap". So the last 4-5 weeks have been a mad rush to choose a paint color (we landed on the contractor's "go to color" Navajo White after looking at lots of different non-white colors, BTW Behr Premium Plus Ultra Paint is worth every penny of $33 per gallon because you only need 1 coat to mask vastly contrasting colors), getting holes in the walls plugged and buying all sorts of crap for the house itself.

And today the floors have received their final coat of polyurethane.

At this point we're coming up on, hopefully, the last month of ridiculous expenses (for a while) and maybe we can just come home, close the drapes, have some privacy and just relax.

I hate having to watch my TV on a computer monitor. I like having my computer hooked up to my TV for a reason. Call spoiled. :-P

The pragmatist in me says that I'll be spending lots of money for a long time to come, though. This is where being raised by parents that grew up in poverty kicks in.

Where do I buy as much of my stuff as possible? Discount stores like CostCo and Ocean State Job Lot. Do I ever pay full price for anything? HELL to the NO. Daddy always has a 10% off coupon in his wallet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    This is realy nice work and this post is really appreciable. What a floor refinishing ,if you are lookig for Floor sanding company floor refinishing you can find more info from here........

    ReplyDelete